Bruce wrote:

>I've looked over the 67II and can't see
> any radical way to shrink the size.  I'm sure little cuts here and
> there would shrink it a bit - maybe using more materials like in the
> MZ-S would reduce it's weight a bit more.

It can anything from update of the current version to a 6X7 version of the Nikon F5.
My guess is, which is only a guess and might be totally wrong, is that they will
remove the removable prism, get rid of the shutter dating from the 60's, get rid of
the film transport and replace it with a motor. The current one is dating
fundamentally from the 60's. A complete new camera may make sense as it can be a blue
copy of any coming 35mm slr body. Pentax have given all their slr's the AF treatment.
Perhaps now the time has come for the 67? Not to mention a suitable platform for MF
digital (I do believe that sensor prices will come down at some stage making MF
digital as "affordable" as high-end 35mm digital today).
All of the above is just guesses.

Pål