You guys...

Of course it is sad that (our beloved...?) Pentax can resort to marketing
strategies that can actually offend some groups of people. I totally agree
that this ad could be seen as sexist prejudice. Even if I didn't react to it
myself.

Now, just one question to all of you critics. How many of you looked at the
same picture when this ad was scanned and made available by a PDML member
just after PMA last winter? I haven't searched the archives, but I'm pretty
sure a lot of us DID have a look. And I'm pretty sure none of us commented
on sexism back then. Where does that leave us? We fell for the trick, imo.

Remember also Pentax' need to be taken seriously upon their first entry into
the DSLR market. Seems logic that they would do an ad that pointed at the
part of *professional* photography where they have a good name, namely
fashion.

*shrugging*

Jostein