På søndag, 26. oktober 2003, kl. 08:12, skrev John Francis:

Mailwasher is my choice. Same sort of thing, but it lets you 'bounce' spam - those sending spam messages think it never reached you.

Not true, usually. The normal result of mailwasher (or other post- delivery anti-spam tools) is that the poor innocent third party whose mail identity is being spoofed in the envelope data finds that his mailbox fills up with spam bounces and rejection messages.

The best thing to do with spam is to silently discard it.  In the
vanishingly remote case that you can actually determine a valid
email address for the sender the chances that anyone actually
reads any bounce messages sent to that address is basically zero.

Even better: Be careful where you leave your address on the internet. And if you want to leave it some risky place, make a new address especially assign to this. Then at least your private addresses are left spam free. I´ve got 5 addresses getting almost no spam at all, including this one, but gave up one a couple of months ago because of spam.

DagT