Hi,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  >Was it something I said? 8-)  I am optimistic that the present
> "difficulties" will be dealt with.  I am not sure they will be dealt
> with in a manner beneficial (both financially and photographically) to
> me.
>
> >mike
>
> Well, there is that. :-)
>
> No. Not necessarily you. Somehow I was worried this was coming across as
> another b**tch about digital thread. When actually I find digital rather exciting.
> It's just that so far I am somewhat disappointed. More disappointed than I
> was expecting to be or more disappointed than I'd like to be. At least for
> dropping big bucks -- thinking of my own potential future purchasing.

Snap!

> And I'm just curious what people want/wish for in DSLR improvements.
>
> Like maybe there are some I haven't thought of -- some I didn't list.

It seems to be difficult to think of other things when the technology is
not as good as an existing process for producing pictures.  For me, the
_major_ drawback to digital is the dependence on batteries, as I
sometimes find myself in situations where a purely mechanical device is
a better option.  Can't see that one being solved.....

As my main reason for beginning to buy Pentax was interchangeability
(though it is not my only reason for staying with it) I wish to keep
that tradition up in my personal kit.  I will not be buying anything
that has reduced compatibility to that I enjoy at present.

mike