----- Original Message -----
From: "jmb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 10:09 PM
Subject: Re: my ist-D samples

> Enjoyed the pictures!  Do you find the operation
of the dslr to be
> similar in feel
> and speed to an equiv f slr?  How easy or hard
is RAW and PPL s/w to
> work with?
>
> Thanks,
>
> jmb~

Thanks!

Considering that my last film based SLRs were an
LX and MX, I'd say that the operation of the ist-d
is completely new and diferent to me!  That said,
I'm a resourceful, intelligent person so learning
the new interface (mainly, using the lens on "A"
and spinning a wheel to change aperture) was not a
problem.  after five minutes of playing it was
second-nature.  The viewfinder is awesome, so I'm
not missing the LX.

For my style of shooting, RAW is the only way to
go.  Using PPL is very easy and intuitive.  I
still haven't read the manual.

Christian