----- Original Message -----
From: "Juey Chong Ong"
Subject: Re: my ist-D samples

> As an experiment, I set my *ist-D on continuous shooting and use a
> smaller JPEG size (L*) because I'm still using my old, slow 128MB cards
> and just held down the shutter release button. The camera fired off 5
> shots in rapid succession, then it continued firing away at a constant,
> slightly less than one frame per second by my mental guestimate while
> the read/write indicator was lit solid. If you're shooting TIFF or RAW,
> it very well could have taken 12 seconds to clear one image. but it
> doesn't take that long when shooting JPEG.

I shoot to print, so I am either using RAW or JPEG large.
With RAW, it shoots 5 quickly, then slows down tremendously. In JPEG large,
it seems to be about 4 seconds between shots once the buffer is full.
In JPEG small, it is only a couple of seconds between shots, but since I
don't shoot this way, I never bothered to investigate.
Either way, it is too slow for someone who shoots rabid bursts at short
intervals.

William Robb