Well, remember digital is not the only reason that photo equipment prices are down. The economy kind of sucks, but should be getting better at this point. My experience is that photo equipment prices lag the economy by a couple of years so there should be another couple of years of good buys out there.

--

Dario Bonazza 2 wrote:

I think that ALL prices for used film equipment (film cameras and dead-mount
lenses and accessories) will reduce more and more as lots of stuff will be
offered on the market, including MF.

As better and better digital stuff will be on sale for lower and lower
prices (probably never lower than a given threshold price for serious stuff)
better and better MF used stuff will be on sale for lower and lower prices.
So the 67 is going the digital way after all :-)

Yes, I'm also thinking setting-up a 67 system, but since prices for MF
equipment are more or less going to follow the same trend of digital stuff
(according to my theory above) I'm not sure if I have to go digital or MF
first.

Dario Bonazza

Keith Whaley wrote:

You mean, I can finally decide to go Medium Format, if I want?
Reasonably priced?

After I got an LX and an MX and an Optio S4?
I thought heaven was already here!  <g>

keith whaley

Dario Bonazza 2 wrote:

Lasse wrote:

I noticed an unusually high number of Pentax 67 and 645 items for sale

on

a Swedish second hand online store yesterday.

Is this a sign of the times?

Yes, I believe so.

And in that case, what does the sign tell us?

That if you are interested in that stuff, and wait a little more, you'll

pay

even less.

Dario Bonazza

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."