Hi Tanya,

Tanya Mayer - Photographic Artist wrote:

> Hi there Mike!
>
> Many thanks for your suggestions.  The primary reasons I have never taken to
> processing
> my own films are aged 12 mths, 4 and 6.

Almosy everyone else seems to disagree with me, too.  Nothing new
there.  I understand your reasons and agree with you, although it is
possible to deal with most of the problems.  My reason for suggesting
that you take control of the whole process was that you are far away
from support (whoop whoop?) and that doing so would relieve you of the
requirement for much travel.  Some of the digitalista seem to have not
quite grabbed this fact....

> Have just had a guy really pushing for me to use his lab, by offering really
> cheap roll scans
> (18mb files and using Digital ICE) with processing. This all sounds great to
> me, as it is less scanning
> for me and I am forever fighting with my scanner to keep it dust/finger
> print free.

Looks like the ideal solution, once you get him to do things the way
_you_ want them.

mike