----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Studdert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 2:09 AM
Subject: Coming to terms with *ist D lens mag factor?

> So how are *ist D users coping with the lens mag factors and are some
lenses
> now less useful than they were on film bodies?

I'm coping just fine so far, but I would like to get the FAJ 16-whatever
when it's available.
Currently my shortest rectilenear is a Sigma 24-50 and a Zenitar 16 fisheye.
Since I'm using only the center portion, the distortion is lessened
somewhat.  For wildlife photography my Tamron 70-300 is now a 105-450, much
better for this purpose.

> Are you using the *ist D in parallel with film bodies?

Not really.  The versatility of having variable ISO and adjustable white
balance beats either switching between bodies or changing film and/or
filters for different subjects.

Also, for my purposes, I find my inkjet prints using P.I.M. II and nik
sharpener pro far exceed the quality of minilab prints, at least up to
11x14.

Bill