On Monday, Dec 8, 2003, at 02:09 America/New_York, Rob Studdert wrote:

So how are *ist D users coping with the lens mag factors and are some lenses
now less useful than they were on film bodies?

More or less transparently. I don't even think about the mag factor at all when I shoot. Over time, I'll probably find myself adjusting my lens mix. e.g. I went to the Giant Tuna cutting performance at Mitsuwa Marketplace yesterday with a FAJ 18-35 and a A-135/2.8. The 18-35 was right for the overview shots but a little short on the tele side. The 135 on the other hand was a little too long on some shots. I had thought about bringing the FA28-70/4, but didn't because I wanted a small and light kit.

So I guess I'm looking for a 15-60 lens. Is there any out there?

Are you using the *ist D in parallel with film bodies?

No. I thought I'd use the PZ-1p as backup/fallback. Instead, I now find myself using the Olympus C-5050 as backup/secondary even with the huge shutter lag.

--jc