I am awaiting the DA 16-45 f4, and hope it is followed soon by DA 50-200 f4, DA 12-18 f4, and fast (at least f2) primes at 13 and 16 mm. I told the Pentax rep that if Pentax doesn't fill these gaps soon, Sigma will.

Pentax will fill the holes in its own time, at least for zooms. If we see primes appear, it will mean that the APS-sized sensor will be around for a while.

I am keeping my two PZ-1ps. Local shooting is now digital, travel shooting will be film for a while, at least until the storage problem is worked out. If I go back to Mali it will be only with film cameras.

Joe