----- Original Message -----
From: "wendy beard"
Subject: Re: down in the darkroom

> I tried that at our local Walmart. Took the card out of the camera, stuck
it in the slot. Got the message "file too large". That was the end of that
experiment. (Before you ask, no, it wasn't raw, just large jpeg)

If it was a Kodak picture maker. they are quite old technology (ours is
about 7 years old now), and will kaak on anything over about 1 mb.
If it was a CT-1 counter top unit that interfaces with an RA-2 digital
printer, depending on what it is networked to, a file larger than 20mb would
make it kaak (my machine), or as small as 8mb might make it refuse the file.
Without knowing what you were trying to plug into, it's hard to say what
went wrong.

William Robb