Why is it the Catholics, who have been around for a couple of thousand
years, will allow me to shoot from the alter, as long as I don't make a
spectacle, but some wannabe cult that was born last week makes my life
miserable?

Go figure. I don't get it.

William Robb

William, it depends on the priest/celebrant. Some will almost allow you to can-can on the altar (not that you would want to), others will put you at the back of the church where the chalked "X" is on the floor and this is the spot for your tripod. We had one wedding like that. The priest justified his actions by saying it was a spiritual experience, and then he cracked inappropriate jokes during the service himself. We have done weddings for 7 or 8 years now. I think I only recall 2 occasions where severe restrictions were placed on us. And we have worked with more than 'regular' priests (archbishops on a regular basis for example)

Robert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]