promised. Ceremony ends and priest "thanks" me for my assistance (?!?) and
then congratulates me on a "job well done"

I think some priests have had very bad experiences in the past and they prefer to be safe than sorry. We photographed a wedding where apart from us there were 7 or 8 other people clicking and filming. (3 other photographers, rest video). They were disgusting! Winding the film back standing 1.5 metres behind the priest, learning how to use a flash in the middle of the isle, blocking the B&G. We only had 3 photos that featured B&G, rest had B&G + someone else. No matter how hard you tried, no matter how tightly you cropped, there was another body, or a part of it there.

Once you have done a good job, the priest realises that you did OK and they will thank you. Of course.

---- (*)o(*) ---- Robert [EMAIL PROTECTED]