But Frits is reporting hot pixels with in-camera NR on when creating Tiffs but not
when creating RAW and converting in CS.  This would suggest that the NR in Photoshop
is doing something better than the dark frame subtraction.

I must admit I am slightly puzzled - I thought the in-camera NR (dark frame
subtraction) was supposed to get rid of ALL hot pixels by removing any hot pixels in
the dark frame from the resultant picture, presumably interpolating a best guess of
what should be there.  So why do you get ANY hot pixels with NR on?

When I did the tests a while back, I seem to recall seeing quite a lot with NR off and
absolutely none with it on.  I have always shot with NR on and see no purpose for me
in doing otherwise.  I am not a speed junkie (as far as cameras are concerned anyway)
so NR has absolutely no downside that I can think of for me.