----- Original Message -----
From: "Kenneth Waller"
Subject: Re: Digital Imaging, File Formats, and Color

> Response below

I may be mistaken, but I believe that JPEG only supports 8 bit (256
colours) colour, which is kinda limited.
I'm saving my stuff as however it comes off the camera, usually RAW,
so that I will have access to the full colour gamut that the camera
shoots, or as 16 bit tiff.
I am not overly worried about not being able to read this stuff in
the future, I figure I have the software now, I can't see that
changing anytime soon.

William Robb