In article
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mark Stringer) wrote:

> Has there been a survey in the past about what lens istD owners are
> shooting?  How did the popular lens fair in the istD change?
>
> I'm curious as to how much pleasure my present lens favorites will
> bring if I had to shoot them on an istD.  Will I like my FA24 as a 36mm
> as much as I do shooting film with it now?

I doubt it, personally. My favourite lens on film was the 85/1.8 SMC
Takumar on a Spotmatic F. My definite favourite on the *istD is the 50/1.4
FA, which "feels" much like the 85 did on film, from the point of view of
framing and shot selection, but is much smaller and lighter to carry
around. The other lenses I have for the *istD are a Sigma 24-70/2.8, which
isn't bad, but is heavy and complicated to work in comparison with the 50,
and a Pentax 80-320 FA, which haven't yet taken a picture with in anger.

I'm waiting for a 12-24 Sigma, simple because it's the widest lens that's
(ostensibly) available that I can use on the *istD.

---
John Dallman, [EMAIL PROTECTED], HTML mail is treated as probable spam.