Manual says "Effective flash range" starts at 0,7m at 100 iso and 5.6.

I did tests at 400 iso, as this is the "normal" iso with ist + P-TTL flash.

With the two 360FTZ flashes at 0,7m from subject (a Kodak Gray Scale), both at full power (1/1) and at a 45 degree angle, exposure was fine from 5.6 to 22. At 35cm, exposure was fine from 8 to 22 and over-ex at 5.6. At 13cm, overexposure starts at 11.

Next week I will try a similar setting with Metz analog flashes (and cables).

Andre

Correction!  See the "NOT" I added...

I have not tried doing macro stuff with the setting and the flash specs seems to indicate they were NOT designed for that. I will try to see how close I can get with the 360 flashes tonight.

Andre