On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Jan van Wijk wrote:

While checking DOF, I noticed it did not seem to work unless
the lens was set to 'A'. Of course I would usually like to use
the lens in AV mode, preselecting the aperture.

Playing arround a bit, I found the DOF check only closes
the aperture when either the lens is set to 'A', or the body
is set to 'M'.

This is a bit annoying, since it does not allow you to set a fixed
aperture for good DOF, use automatic exposure, and check the
actual DOF in the viewfinder as well.

How? With an A lens set the aperture from the body and use DOF.
With a non-A lens, put the camera to manual (it won't meter/fire properly otherwise anyway, if I recall correctly).

What is the problem?

I checked with the MZ-S too, and that definately
does DOF-preview in all modes ...

That's because it is not a cripple-mount.

Kostas