On 8/11/05, Glen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 10:47 PM 8/11/2005, you wrote:
>
> >Crap.  Sorry.  It's late and I haven't had any beer.
> >http://twosixteen.com/gallery/index.php?id=151
> >
> >Thanks for the head's up, Glen.
>
> It's refreshing to hear someone blame mistakes on a *lack* of beer.  ;-)

Too much blood in the alcohol system.........

> There's a certain surreal, frozen quality to this image, which I definitely
> like. Are there large magnetite deposits in those mountains? That swing and
> its chains seem permanently pulled toward those mountains for some reason.
> ;-)

Thanks, Glen.  Not sure about the magnetite.  But considering the
amount of iron and sulphates in our well water, I wouldn't be
surprised.

> You might also  consider cropping this image into a perfect square. I would
> suggest cropping out the single chain on the far left, and the pole on the
> upper right. It should make the suspension of time appear even more
> surreal, not seeing any of the surrounding support structure for the
> child's swing.

Here's a second photo I took about a week later.  Same time of day,
same location.  Taken with the MX, M28/3.5, and E100 (G, I think).  I
like the color saturation in the digital image better, but the framing
on this one may be more appropriate.  I think my composition sucks,
but if you've ever had to push a little girl on a swing, crouch down,
frame the photo, focus, set the exposure and take the picture, you'll
understand.  <vbg>

> take care,
> Glen

Thanks again for looking, Glen.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com

--
"You have to hold the button down" -Arnold Newman