On 8/13/05, Scott Loveless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8/13/05, Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Just tell everyone to meet at the Starbucks at the corner of
>
> Criminy!  The over-priced-burnt-coffee plague has spread to England.
> On behalf of Americans who appreciate decent coffee, I'm really sorry.

Thank you, Scott!!

When I share your opinion with anyone who listens to me (an admittedly
small cross-section of people <g>), they look at me as if I have three
heads (last time I checked, I only had one).

I would avoid Starbucks for their corporate imperialism alone, but the
fact that they make lousy coffee only reinforces my conviction.  And,
yes, it is burnt!  They obviously don't know how to roast their beans
(from a man who buys green beans and roasts them at home - it's
simple!).

cheers,
frank