OK, you guys have me convinced I'm shaky and can't focus very well.
The wierd thing is it's only the 50/1.4s (Usually the A) that
_consistently_ give me grief! :-(
The 50/1.7s (A,M and F)are among my very favorites, and results
are usually quite good, same with the 2.0s.
I'll go out with the 1.4s this weekend with a tripod and a 2x.

If you see a couple come up on eekBay soon you'll know I didn't
have much luck with them.
Not much good owning lenses I can't get along with! ;-)

Thanks!
Don