> Sorry Fred, I should have looked at mine.
> I took the name directly from Boz's site.
> You are correct, it DOES NOT say ED on the lens.

Hi, Don.  I am surprised that Boz claims that it has "extra-low dispersion
element(s)", and that he names it as and "ED" lens.  It certainly does not
come labeled as an ED lens.  I have heard (here on the PDML) of conjecture
that it does have a low dispersion element, but I don't know what proof
exists for that.  As for its performance, I have one that I bought "new old
stock", still in the box, and it never seemed to live up to the reputation
that some wanted it to have.  I originally tried it out on film (manually
focusing it, but I recently tried it as an af lens on my DS, and it still
doesn't impress me.  Sample-to-sample variance has been claimed for the
differing opinions on this lens, and so maybe that's it, and maybe I just
got a bad one...

Fred