On 3/13/06, Powell Hargrave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Have it sent by mail if possible.
>
> Postage charge
> $5.00 customs fee
> 7% GST
> applicable PST
> Exchange rate
>
> If sent by UPS at least a $30 brokerage fee and likely more.
> Fedex can be better or just as expensive.

Almost.
The brokerage fee will be charged on the cheaper UPS rate, but if you
go for the UPS express for a few dollars more then brokerage is
included and you will just pay the GST/PST on delivery.
The USPS worldwide express tends to be around the same price as UPS
express so if you want the item a bit quicker then either is a pretty
safe choice.
It could be worth taking a gamble on the USPS service as occasionally
customs will let a package through with no charge.
Unless it's addressed to me, of course :-(

--
Wendy Beard
Ottawa