Fra: Godfrey DiGiorgi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 13. marts 2006 19:28
Til: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Emne: Re: Photomicrographs

objective

adjective
-------
1 (of a person or their judgment) not influenced by
personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing
facts : historians try to be objective and impartial. Contrasted
with subjective . • not dependent on the mind for existence;
actual : a matter of objective fact.

2 [ attrib. ] Grammar of, relating to, or denoting a case of
nouns and pronouns used as the object of a transitive verb or a
preposition.

noun
-------
1 a thing aimed at or sought; a goal : the system has
achieved its objective.

2 ( the objective) Grammar the objective case.

3 (also objective lens) the lens in a telescope or microscope
nearest to the object observed.

DERIVATIVES
-------
objectively adverb
objectiveness noun
objectivity noun
objectivization noun
objectivize verb

-------

ORIGIN early 17th cent.: from medieval Latin objectivus, from
objectum (see object ).