This shop is a Sigma pusher. I think they even import their own stock. At least there's no official, monopolist distributor of Sigma in Norway. The problem of people ignoring Pentax is the same in almost every Norwegian photo shop with assistants younger than age 40. In all their lifetime, Pentax has been a marginal brand, and they skipped the lessons where Pentax were taught. However, it's worth a couple of hours in the purgatory to claim that you have a Pentax medium format system, even if you don't. Just watch their expressions go from overly self confident to uncertain. Once, one assistant at Lømorks (just two blocks away from the said shop) went all red and muttered "and here I go bragging to a pro...". :-)

Jostein

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Øsleby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 4:21 PM
Subject: RE: Presense of Pentax

I don't have that experience.

I think this depends on who is helping you. Some of the staff might be
biased.
I bought an image tank there. Despite me being a Pentax user, they did allow me to fiddle with some expensive lenses. Offered all the service needed.

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)

Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large crowds
(Very freely after Arthur C. Clarke, or some other clever guy)