On Mar 21, 2006, at 7:30 AM, mike wilson wrote:

"Low in starch and calories" - I like that.

Apparently it belongs to the same family as the morning glory, which will explain the exhortations not to eat the seeds. Not common even in the USA, from what I can see. Only available as seed over here. 8-(((

Oops, sorry. I thought you were in the USA. I doubt they're readily available in the UK and Europe. You could buy seed and grow them, I guess. I have a perennial vine in front of my house that's in the same family, but the tubers it makes are only about half an inch long. Not sure if they're edible.

Bob