On 7/7/06, Shel Belinkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The light in the room is natural light ...
>
> Lately I feel that I'm not much of a photographer.  I've not come up with a
> single photo in several months that I really like or would want to print
> large and hang on a wall.

FWIW, maybe there's a bad vibe going around because I feel the same
way.  I've been printing up some old ones, but pretty much since the
winter I haven't been shooting.  I just haven't felt the inspiration,
the mojo, whatever it is.  When I've walked around with my camera, I
haven't been shooting, because I haven't felt like it.

What bit I have shot, I look at and shrug my shoulders and say "Eh!
Not so good."

I have the feeling that I ~used~ to be a good photographer, but that I
just don't have much to say that I haven't already said.

I don't want to end up just trying to repeat or re-take the photos
that I've previously taken over the years (like I'm going to have a
chance to get two women kissing again!! <g>).

I'm sure it'll come back, but for now, I just don't feel much like
shooting, and the few times I do, I don't feel like much more than a
tourist with a plastic disposable.

I've come up with lots of excuses.  "I broke my collarbone."  Then
when that was no longer a hindrance, "It's winter, it's cold, I don't
feel like it."  Then I was looking for a new apartment.  Then I got
all excited about riding a bike in the spring.  Then it was the
excitement (ironically) of GFM.  Then it was moving.

Now, I just don't feel inspired to shoot.

So, bottom line is, you're not alone.  FWIW, some of your recent shots
I've really enjoyed (now you should be worried! <LOL>).  The low-level
shot in the restaurant of the other day, for instance, is a wonderful
shot!

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about your photographic skills or artistry.

cheers,
frank