Great action catch! It can only get better with the 10D.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frits Wüthrich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: *istD AF

With the recent discussion in mind that the K10D AF isn't fast enough for
football and American football as we call it in the Netherlands, I wanted to
show a photograph I made of a hockeygame with my *istD on continues
autofocus, using the FA 100-300 f4.5-5.6, a lens not well respected on this
list. This sport is at least as fast as the other ones mentioned, but there
are not many photos that go wrong on focus with this combo as long as there
is enough light.
Take a look at:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~wuthrich/foto/IMGP4879.jpg
It is a matter of following the action with the shutter halfway down till
you
reach the decisive moment. I leave choosing the autofocus point up to the
camera.

I wonder what my K10D will do for me in this area. It was sent to me on 22
Dec
from TeKaDe in Germany, it didn't arrive yet, can be any moment now. I need
to start saving for the 60-250 lens.

--
Frits Wüthrich