not really - it's just a statement of utilitarianism. All the
arguments for and against utilitarianism apply to this. There are many
other ethical & political philosophies which are at least as logical
as utilitarianism, which the Vulcans could have chosen and which do
not carry the unpalatable consequences of utilitarianism.

--
 Bob