Indeed ... I've had some pretty high end systems but mostly concerned
myself with what they sounded like.  Never really cared to know what all
the acronyms and yada-yada tech talk was all about.  My dealer would give
me gear, I'd take it home and listen to it, and if I liked it, I kept it.
The shop owner was a good friend, lived close by, and, if there was a
problem or concern, he'd stop by and give a listen, make suggestions or
adjustments.  One can be an enthusiast without knowing all the tech-speak.

Shel