> Another bag I have for travel is a Pelican 1514 case. That's my
> preference for when I'm carrying a lot of gear and only a little
> travel clothing as it is a hard rollaway that fits nicely in
> overhead
> luggage carry on. It is a perfect storage case for the Pentax
> 645 kit
> that is on loan to me (camera, four lenses, two film inserts and a
> few spare rolls of film just about fills it...).

I have a Pelican 1550 which I use to put the hardware (not film) in
checked luggage. I always make sure I have a minimal kit in my
carry-on, just in case the Pelican flies elsewhere. I use 2 4-barrel
combination locks for it, so it makes a good safe when I'm in
disreputable hotels.

> But I never use any of these big cases for actual shooting. They're

> more useful for storage/stowage while traveling. A good, compact
> shoulder/hip bag is much more useful for shooting, for me.

I used to keep me camera equipment in a 1550 at home as well, but when
I was burgled a few years ago it was obviously very convenient for the
burglar just to close the case and walk out with all my gear. Now I
have an enormous safe anchored to the floor.

Bob