Peter,

P. J. Alling wrote:
> IIRC LISP came first.  I find it's notation annoying at best and
> impenetrable at worst.
> C and C++ were elegant, until such things a Templates, (with their
> particularly un-C like syntax), were grafted onto the language.
>
> Now ForTran that was man's language.

Lisp is truly beautiful, you have to try to see its beauty. The concept
of a program that can write itself at run-time and then be evaluated
(executed) is truly brilliant. Given the time when it was envisioned...

C is cool, but from totally different perspective. C++ is just
monstrous. I think C++ is actually a Hummer H1 of programming languages.
You can drive to the super market with it, and you can also go all the
way off-road. And if you handle it right and give it proper maintenance,
it will not disappoint you. Lisp on the other hand is like a glider -
taking you from A to B in a gentle breeze.

Boris