On 4/2/07, John Whittingham, discombobulated, unleashed:

>The early Sigma EX 70-200 f/2.8 APO is right up there with the best
>at that range, even the Canon L series and Pentax FA* lenses.

I don't know about optical quality, but I do know about build quality
between the Sigma and the Canon and I can tell you that of the two there
is no contest - the Sigma is nowhere near the Canon in terms of
robustness. I have owned and used both and although the Sigma is very
good, I personally wouldn't have another. I have owned and used other
Sigmas as well. I don't know about the Pentax.

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__