On 3/03/07 6:12 AM, "Alastair Robertson", <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes it terms of tilt swivel, but having to use the camera in manual to
> use the AF280T is less than ideal - I've been there.  It's okay if you
> have time to judge the light, do a bit of trial and error, but for
> quick grabs as Ken describes it's a bit of a fuss.

Exactly.
Nick Wright pointed to recent Nikon small flash SB-400 which is very small
and tilts (no swivel, but that's OK.  If it does not tilt, there is no
reason to use it in lieu of the pop-up.  When I say small, I mean
"pocketable").  And it uses only two AA's which means "light".  I wish
Pentax would offer a similar flash for carry around, and grab shots.
But as I said, the fact that Nikon offered this indicates that there are
enough people in this world who want this type of clip on slash, although I
am sure it is meant for an entry level.
But this flash alone does not convince me to switch to Nikon :-).

Ken