I just recently purchased a SMC 2x-s Pentax TC.
Last Saturday I had a chance to use it at the Wild Animal Park:
they had a week-old(!) baby-elephant.  Since the baby was "tiny",
and at a significant distance, I thought it would be a nice test
for the TC.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take the tripod with me, so
it was handheld: Pentax SMC 2x-s Tamron 70-300 4-5.6 at about 200-250mm
1/750 exposure on a *ist DS set at ISO-800.
No manipulations, except for RAW-jpg conversion and
smart-sharp mask in PS and resizing.

http://www.komkon.org/~igor/PHOTOS/IMGP5086w2.jpg

It was hard to get a good composition: most of the time the baby was
behind the mother.
Unfortunately, also the time was limited (they took him inside a building
where he became asleep).
I may come back there next weekend, if I can find time for it,
.. but he will be twice as old then.

Igor

PS. Comments are welcome.