From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Christian
Sent: 24. mars 2007 14:05
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Mega-Enablement: FA*250-600/5.6

Jay Taylor wrote:
> Well, I finally have been able to secure a nice long Pentax telephoto
> lens. The FA*250-600mm/f5.6 zoom!

Nice lens!  You'll have a blast with it.

> Oh yeah, this puppy is pretty heavy. I'm hoping my tripod (Benro
> 1327) is stout enough as well as the Wimberley Sidekick without
> having to go to the full Wimberley head.
> I'm really looking forward to getting out in the field with this baby.

Based on the size of the tripod foot, you're going to have to go with a
full Wimberley head.  Mounted sideways on the sidekick, the lens will be
too far over the opposite side of the tripod and not centered over the
ball head.  Also I think the weight of 5400g is too much for a sidekick.

I just found out how expensive these long lenses are...  The lens itself
is pricey, but then you need some pretty expensive accessories (gimbal
mounts, etc) if you don't already have them!

--

Christian
http://photography.skofteland.net