I do have an M6, with a Summicron 50, a Voigtlander 28/3.5, and a
Jupiter 35/2.8. And I still use it, lately I've been shooting color
film with it so I can have almost the same b&w workflow as I use with
digital.

The M6 is the camera I 'learned' to do street photography with, that's
why the M8 would be perfect.
The RD-1 I'm not so sure about--it seems to have had some QC issues,
plus frankly, I think it is less bang for the buck than the M8.

Thanks everybody for the answers!  I'll let you know what I decide...

On 4/13/07, Boris Liberman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Juan, I've been wondering for a long time why don't you shoot range
> finder. It is so much fits your style.
>
> I cannot say much for M8, but if you could still use film, I think it
> would be preferable. I honestly think M8 was served not fully cooked, so
> to say.
>
> Otherwise - if you can - go for it. You have "Japanese Leica" (Pentax)
> and you'll have real one too ;-).
>
> Or you can buy this Epson camera (R-D1 or something) which is way
> cheaper and probably quite good enough.
>
> Boris
>
> Juan Buhler wrote:
> > As some of you know, I've been missing my Leica rangefinder since I
> > returned to Pentax in 2004 with an istD.
> >
> > Now, I wasn't really thinking seriously about buying an M8 until
> > today, when two things happened: I realized I'm getting a nice tax
> > refund that I wasn't counting on (I know, it was my money all the
> > time, but still), and I saw the camera, in stock at K&S in Palo Alto
> > (I won't buy there btw, they always treat me pretty badly.)
> >
> > Please, help me save $5000 and stay on the Pentax side...
> >
> > Or, help me rationalize this crazy purchase :)

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Juan Buhler - http://www.jbuhler.com
photoblog: http://photoblog.jbuhler.com
a book: http://www.jbuhler.com/book.html