This discussion reminds me of some of my own experiments with Acufine in
the 70s. I remember getting some very nice results with the old Royal X
120 rated at 4800 and developed in Acufine. It allowed me to shoot
indoor basketball action at a 1/500 shutter speed with my old TLR
Mamiya. The prints were sharp with beautiful grain on 8 x 10. I also
tried bizarre things like Panatomic X rated at 200 or so and developed
in Acufine. I seem to recall somewhat muddy results from that
experiment. Anyway, the discussion brings back some nice memories from a
time when I tried everything at least once.