Bruce Dayton wrote:

> The big advantage to a full frame CCD is that our existing wide angle lenses
> will remain as such.  Nothing quite so exciting as having your 20mm behave
> like it was a 35mm.  So, if I have to buy some new lenses (I like wides),
> then why buy Pentax.  It seems to me, that lens compatibility with my
> *existing* lenses is a big reason to consider a digital Pentax.

This is all true...however, Canon and Nikon user have been happy to buy
up D30's and D1's, so I guess Pentax believes the same of Pentax users.
Apparently the smaller frame size sells ok, and I guess Pentax thinks
they can make some cash.

> So now I look at a company who appears not to want to compete in this arena
> coupled with me having to revamp part of my system.  Sure pushes me to want
> to look at competitors who are competing and providing equipment at a much
> faster rate.

I can see your point. I too am disappointed that the full frame ccd will
not be made available when they said it would.

Just out of curiousity, would you have paid $7000 for the full frame
version? I don't think I would have unless it had good sensitivity down
around EI 800 or 1600.

BTW, as I understand it, the full frame version hasn't been scrapped,
it's been delayed.

tv