The issue in 21b is that for it to look good, the focus plane has to
be on the rim of the cups and there's not enough DoF to obtain the
same resolution of the wood grain as in 21c, where the silverware and
wood grain are more nearly the same focus plane. I will likely apply
a very gentle lens blur to the 21c image wood grain to make it more
similar to the effect in the cups, can't go the other way.

I'd have to have a tripod and stop down a lot more than f/5 to
achieve the required DoF to make them equally sharp, and the
situation precluded that.

Godfrey