> http://www.pentaximaging.com/products/product_details/camera_lens--
> smc_DA_18-250mm_f.2F.3.5-6.3_ED_AL%28IF%29/reqID--10270314/
> subsection--Digital_35mm_zoom
>
> It's a re-branded Tamron, but news none-the-less.  Under $500.

This could potentially be a very good lens, especially for people who want
convenience.  I really liked the Tamron ultra-zooms I sold back at the old
camera shop, and I'll bet that with Pentax coatings and quality control,
this lens will be a winner.  I'll also bet it will help drive more dSLR
sales, now that soccer moms won't have to carry around two lenses.
Convenience is the name of the game for customers like that.

John

--
http://www.neovenator.com
http://www.cafepress.com/neovenatorphoto