>> http://www.pentaximaging.com/products/product_details/camera_lens--
>> smc_DA_18-250mm_f.2F.3.5-6.3_ED_AL%28IF%29/reqID--10270314/
>> subsection--Digital_35mm_zoom
>>
>> It's a re-branded Tamron, but news none-the-less.  Under $500.

> Excellent. Just what we need :-/

You may not need it, but Pentax sure does.  As I said in my other post, a
lens like this is an instant hit with entry-level photographers, soccer
moms, and average consumers.  I hope to someday see this lens bundled with a
K100D or K110D, because then more of the previously mentioned people will
consider buying a Pentax.

Essentially, it's a good marketing move on Pentax's part.  Plus, don't
forget that this lens, even though it's built by Tamron, will still have
Pentax's SMC coatings.  There are other Pentax-rebranded lenses that have
been better than the original model (Tamron, Tokina, etc) because of this.

John

--
http://www.neovenator.com
http://www.cafepress.com/neovenatorphoto