Does anyone do product shots on dark (black)
reflective material that produces good, even
reflections?

I'm currently stumped working on a shoot for a local
company. I have to shoot some video components on
black (easy enough) but I'd like some good natural
reflection from the surface they rest on.

I've already tried tempered glass over black cloth
(velour) but the reflections double up and look
god-awful. There's a PS trick for reflections but it's
simply too much work for anything but straight on
views. All of my shots are oblique angles.

This guy had a really good idea:

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/08/on-assignment-shoot-your-shiny-new.html

But, there's no way I'm going to find a piece of
granite as big as I need it (30" x 48" roughly) and it
would be way too expensive in any event.

Any suggestions?

Thanks ahead of time.

-Brendan