>> >I also refuse to use jpeg, png or nothing.
>>
>> Wow. That's bizarre.
>
> Hardly, jpeg is lossy compression.  It grabs a square of pixels and
> averages them, you lose both dynamic range and resolution with
> jpeg.  PNG is lossless and opensource.  The other problem with jpeg
> is that because of the way it handles compression, it chokes on
> film grain.  There isn't a way to feed a jpeg encoder a image with
> allot of film grain and have it spit out a reasonable result.
> People use it because they just don't know any better.

You're talking about displaying photographs on the internet, which is meant
to be a way of sharing information quickly and easily.  Image compression
quality takes a back seat most of the time around here, and no one else
seems to be complaining about it.

Your elitist attitude is grating.  If you really don't care about what
others think of your photos, why bother posting them in the first place?

John

--
http://www.neovenator.com
http://www.cafepress.com/neovenatorphoto