Heck if we want to go that way, I wrote an Z-80 assembler/disassembler
(remember
when those kinds of programs cost thousands of dollars) in machine code once
upon a time, and did it as as hobby thing at that. Actually I wrote the
Disassembler first, then it was real easy to do the assembler. What is the all
so fired big deal about being able to do assembly code.

I once knew someone who programed operating systems. No not worked on a team
that wrote OS's, but did the whole thing from top to bottom himself. He put it
on the market and it was considered one of the nicest DOS's available for the
TRS-80 (back then Radio Shacks DOS was so bad that there were a half-dozen
competitors on the market). His was Multi-Dos, and if anyone is interested it
made anything Microsoft ever did look like the utter crap it is.

I also knew the guy who wrote Lazy Writer (one of the very first word
processing
programs for the TRS-80 and hence one of the first on the market at all). I
once
asked him why it had such a strange interface. He replied that he had never
even
seen a word processing system when he wrote it so had to make it up himself.
Back then, if you had a need, you had to do it yourself.

Programming is such a simple thing. You break your process down into discrete
steps (the hard part), then code those steps into some programming language or
another. These days it mostly drag and drop. People who do not know a lot about
programming think it is such a big deal.

All of us know something, some of us know a lot of things, only the people who
are so ignorant that they don't know they are ignorant think they know are
smarter than everyone else because they know a little bit about something or
another. As I said, "invincible ignorance".

Graywolf
Website: http://www.graywolfphoto.com
Blog:    http://www.graywolfphoto.com/journal/