I recently purchased a Fuji 4x loupe, which is very crisp and clear.
It was about $70-80 locally at Penn in Vienna VA (A store that
seems to come up a lot on this list).  I compared it with a few others
including a Schnieder, I thought the Fuji had less distortion at the
edges and I do believe that the lens is glass. I am very happy with it.
 I have also recently tried my LX FE-1 finder as a Loupe, I wanted
more than 4x and the FE-1 was sitting there so I tried it. It actually
seems to work OK, has anyone else tried this?  The coating does
seem to give colors a cooler appearance. I’m guessing it’s
something like 6x (I don’t know)

As for light tables I recently acquired the Porta-trace 5K 11x18 for
about the same price as the loupe from B&H, it’s OK, it seems to get
a little dimmer on the sides, but I am happy with it plus you can fit a
full 36+ roll of slides in two slide pages on it. Or more realistically in
my case, I can have one side stacked with slide pages and use the
other for viewing.

BTW the two stores I mentioned are my film buying stores.

Geoff