On Thursday, December 6, 2001, at 01:13  AM, William Robb wrote:

> In the work place, one of the things one needs
> to realize is the limitations placed on him or her by his
> employer. Wal~Mart is not interested in being a "pro" lab, the
> same way they are not interested in selling Armani suits.
> We are what we are, if that isn't what you want. go elsewhere.

My favourite snappy answer from an employee of mine:

CUSTOMER: I can get that cheaper at Wal-Mart.

EMPLOYEE: So why are you here?

The piece of work in question was an estimate on restoration, which, by
the way, was a mere $40 including the print, the lowest price we ever
quote for restoration.  The customer agreed to the price in the end, and
then groused about it again when it came time to pick up the work.  I
asked her to confirm that it was her signature beside the estimate, and
she said "yes", so I promptly rung it into the till.

Sometimes I feel like murdering people.  :)

-Aaron