Hmm. I've not had the same problems you do printing from a ProPhoto RGB image in Photoshop. In my print tests, they are very near to identical on rendering. Lightroom will occasionally show a slight edge on certain images. The ability to create an apply printing templates to any number of photographs makes printing from Lightroom FAR FAR more consistent and efficient than Photoshop for me. I've not printed *anything* from Photoshop for most of this year.

Why do you "export" and then "reimport"? Why not just use the Lightroom command to "Edit in Photoshop" ... It renders the PSD or TIFF for you, automatically adds it to the catalog, and opens it in Photoshop for whatever editing you want to do?

I haven't found a need for FocusMagic at all, personally. Tried it once or twice and it just didn't seem to do anything I couldn't do more sensibly by focusing correctly on the original capture and with Lightroom or Photoshop's supplied sharpening tools.

Godfrey