Mark,

As for the workflow between PS and LR, - I second Godfrey's suggestion.

I have salvaged a few images using Focus Magic. These were
taken at some dance events, -- so no way to redo, and sometimes
no time to focus more carefully. on the original capture.
And LR's sharpening capability was not sufficient.

However, indeed, on many occasions I found that LR's "sharpen" tool
yields comparable (or sometimes even slightly better) results.

I haven't tried printing from LR.

Igor

Fri Dec 19 10:50:10 EST 2008